If you have been following us for some time, you’re probably already familiar with the positive impacts that chiropractic treatment can have on the musculoskeletal system.
For example, it can provide relief from both acute and chronic pain, including back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, and joint pain. It can also help to improve posture, flexibility, mobility, and range of movement. This can help many patients who are suffering from musculoskeletal pain to enjoy a better quality of life.
What you might not already know though is that chiropractic care can also benefit many other parts of the body. Today, we will be focusing on just one of these body systems, which is the central nervous system.
The central nervous system is made up of the brain, spinal cord, and nerves. The nerves and cells that make up this body system transmit messages to and from different parts of the body, which influence how you think, feel, and act.
Chiropractic positively affects the nervous system in a number of ways. For example, it:
- Improves the functioning of the immune system to protect you from illness and disease
- Helps to regulate mood, and provide relief from depression and anxiety
- Helps to regulate sleep cycles, and provide relief from insomnia
- Helps to regulate hormones
- Helps to regulate tissue function and metabolism
- Helps to reduce stress, and promote relaxation
- Provide relief from neurological conditions like vertigo, ataxia, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s, autism, epilepsy, and Tourette’s
- Ensuring an overall more healthy nervous system by keeping it functioning at 100%
Chiropractic treatment achieves these positive effects through a series of chiropractic adjustments. These adjustments involve spinal manipulation and the application of gentle pressure to achieve optimal alignment of the spine. This helps to correct any misalignments that could be affecting your nerves and spinal cord, and therefore the functioning of your nervous system.
Think your nervous system could benefit from some chiropractic care? Give us a call today on (07) 5607 0161 to discover how chiropractic can help get your nervous system back on the right track to good health.